Find Consolation and Hope
Are you suffering? Is someone you love suffering? We all suffer—it’s part of being human.
But why does God allow us to suffer? How do we get through our own suffering, or help our loved ones in times of great trial?
These are hard questions, but The Meaning of Suffering will provide crucial answers and spiritual support.
Look to Jesus
Suffering is universal. Everyone experiences pain, illness, grief, loss. In those moments, it can be difficult to turn our eyes toward Jesus, or to find the right words or actions to console a loved one. But God gives us a great gift: His own loving example. Jesus suffered for us on the cross, offering an eternal sacrifice for our sins, and He invites us to unite our suffering with His.
Turn Suffering into Holiness
Easier said than done. That’s why, in the Meaning of Suffering presented by Good Catholic, we’ll unlock the teachings of the Church, the examples of the saints, and the life of Christ to help you not only make sense out of suffering, but use it to grow closer to Our Lord.
In this series you will:
- See how suffering only makes sense in light of Christ’s suffering…and why that should bring us great joy and consolation (Day 2)
- Discover why Jesus’ death on the cross freed us from sin but not from suffering (Day 6)
- Learn how to handle physical, mental, and spiritual suffering, and help you or your loved ones prayerfully process grief and loss (Days 8-11)
- Turn to the great mercy of God, who brings grace and good even out of our most difficult trials (Day 15)
- Find hope and consolation—even salvation—in suffering (Day 17)
- Learn practical tips about how to suffer well through the example of the saints
Suffering happens to all of us—but suffering is not meaningless. Discover how it is an opportunity to unite yourself to Christ.
BONUS: Subscription now includes the daily content PDF FREE! Plus a free download of St. John Vianney's Catechism of Suffering. Both available upon series start.
When does the series begin?
The Meaning of Suffering begins on July 28 and lasts 21 Days. Each day we'll send an email directly to your inbox reminding you about the day's new content. Your subscription gives you access for one year from the start date.