Prepare the Way
This is a busy time of year. Everything is focused on “getting ready.”
But we can be so focused on shopping and decorating and planning that we forget to get ourselves spiritually ready for the coming of Jesus.
That’s why we created a series to help you prepare for Christmas without feeling overwhelmed. Fr. Matthew Kauth (back by popular demand!) will be your weekly guide as we prepare for the coming of Christ.
A Flexible Advent Program
We know you don’t have a lot of time. That’s why this series is designed to work within your schedule—so you can stick with it throughout the liturgical season!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- A daily devotional email that includes Christmas novenas, Advent wreath prayers, a Spiritual Christmas Crib, and more! We compile all the devotions and send them to you each day—you decide which ones work best for you!
- A spiritual guidance video from Fr. Kauth delivered each Sunday during Advent. You don’t need to keep up with daily videos. Start each week strong with Fr. Kauth.
- Written reflections each Sunday that will help keep your focus on Jesus during this hectic season.
- Access to an exclusive Catholic Facebook community, who will journey with you and offer spiritual support.
- Mid-week video check-ins from Fr. Kauth offering encouragement and practical advice as you prepare for the coming of the Savior.
- BONUS: On each of the last seven days of Advent you’ll also receive a video recording of the O Antiphons sung by the St. Joseph Seminary schola!
Have Your Best Advent…and Christmas, Too!
This unique series is designed to give you a spiritually-rich Christmas season, helping you prepare well and keep your focus on Christ.
Keep your Sundays of Advent spiritually rewarding. Then continue throughout the week with our daily devotional emails and mid-week check-in videos.
Jesus is coming: get ready to adore the Newborn King!
When Does the Series Begin?
Journey to Christmas begins on the First Sunday of Advent and lasts until Christmas.
Each day we’ll send an email directly to your inbox with the devotionals for the day. We’ll also send you Written and Video Reflections each Sunday, plus a check-in video from Fr. Kauth each Wednesday. Your subscription gives you access for one year from the start date.
Father Matthew Kauth
Fr. Matthew Kauth is a priest of the Diocese of Charlotte, NC. After completing a Bachelor of Sacred Theology at The Catholic University of America, Fr. Kauth was ordained to the priesthood in 2000. He then served as a parochial vicar, administrator, and pastor for six years. During this time he gained popularity through his lectures with the Catholic Scripture Study International program. He was later sent to Rome to complete a license and doctorate in Moral Theology. After obtaining his doctorate in 2012, he was appointed chaplain of a diocesan high school while also teaching theology at Belmont Abbey College. In 2014 he spearheaded a commission to determine the feasibility of establishing a college seminary in the Charlotte Diocese in cooperation with Belmont Abbey. As a result, St. Joseph College Seminary was founded in 2016. Fr. Kauth became its first Rector, where he continues to serve today.
Genevieve Cunningham, a native of Pennsylvania, was raised in a large Catholic family of nine children. She studied at the Franciscan University of Steubenville and received spiritual formation from the Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration in Hanceville, Alabama. She is an editor, writer, and marketer for Good Catholic; a content writer for The Catholic Company; a blog contributor for Catholic Company Magazine; and a freelance manuscript editor for fiction, non-fiction, and collections of poetry. Her writing has been published by DKA Magazine, Humane Pursuits, and the acclaimed Catholic quarterly Dappled Things.