How to Use This Series
Welcome to Angels and the Supernatural. We hope and pray that you will greatly benefit from this series!
It’s very helpful to read the content in a spirit of prayer. Many people like to journal throughout the series to record and retain what they’re learning. You can write down your thoughts, questions, and any insights you may receive from the Holy Spirit. If you don’t already have a journal, you may be interested in purchasing the one we have designed specifically for this series here.
Many subscribers like to complete this series one topic per day. However, if you move at a slower pace, don’t worry! You will greatly benefit from the series, even if you can only log in as your schedule permits.
You have a full year to repeat Angels and The Supernatural as many times as you wish!
Angels and The Supernatural is designed to give you a basic understanding of the invisible world created by God.
- Learn about and foster devotion to the holy angels
- Obtain a basic understanding of demons and how to resist their temptations
- Understand the urgency and the importance of praying for the holy souls in Purgatory
- Have a healthy Catholic perspective on supernatural realities
- …and more
The video commentary by Fr. Matthew Kauth complements the written content with insights, examples, and more.
After you read the article and watch the video each day, you can continue with a scriptural audio rosary that includes thoughtful meditations on each Rosary Mystery. A daily novena prayer concludes the daily content to ensure that this series will bear much spiritual fruit in your life.
An Introduction to Your Hosts
Genevieve Cunningham, a native of Pennsylvania, was raised in a large Catholic family of nine children. She studied at the Franciscan University of Steubenville and received spiritual formation from the Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration in Hanceville, Alabama. She is an editor, writer, and marketer for Good Catholic; a content writer for The Catholic Company; a blog contributor for Catholic Company Magazine; and a freelance manuscript editor for fiction, non-fiction, and collections of poetry. Her writing has been published by DKA Magazine, Humane Pursuits, and the acclaimed Catholic quarterly Dappled Things.
Father Matthew Kauth
Fr. Matthew Kauth is a priest of the Diocese of Charlotte, NC. After completing a Bachelor of Sacred Theology at The Catholic University of America, Fr. Kauth was ordained to the priesthood in 2000. He then served as a parochial vicar, administrator, and pastor for six years. During this time he gained popularity through his lectures with the Catholic Scripture Study International program. He was later sent to Rome to complete a license and doctorate in Moral Theology. After obtaining his doctorate in 2012, he was appointed chaplain of a diocesan high school while also teaching theology at Belmont Abbey College. In 2014 he spearheaded a commission to determine the feasibility of establishing a college seminary in the Charlotte Diocese in cooperation with Belmont Abbey. As a result, St. Joseph College Seminary was founded in 2016. Fr. Kauth became its first Rector, where he continues to serve today.
Get to know Fr. Matthew Kauth—watch the video below!
Your Journey at a Glance
Part I: Introduction
- Day 1: What is the Supernatural?
- Day 2: The Catholic Attitude Toward Things Unseen
- Day 3: Purgatory, Holy Souls, and Ghosts
Part II: Understanding Angels
- Day 4: Who Are the Angels?
- Day 5: The Nine Choirs of Angels
- Day 6: The Five Roles of Angels
- Day 7: How to Behave Towards Angels
Part III: Lessons from the Angels
- Day 8: Imitating Angelic Virtues to Grow in Holiness
- Day 9: Lessons From the Angels On Prayer and Adoration
Part IV: Understanding Demons
- Day 10: What Is a Demon?
- Day 11: The Power (and Limitations) of Demons
- Day 12: How to Behave Toward Demons
Part V: Spiritual Warfare
- Day 13: What Is Spiritual Warfare?
- Day 14: How Demons Tempt Us
- Day 15: How Good Angels Help Us
- Day 16: Saints Who Did Battle with Demons
- Day 17: Warrior Angels in Battle
- Day 18: Mary, Queen of Angels & St. Joseph, Terror of Demons
Part VI: You and Your Guardian Angel
- Day 13: What Is Spiritual Warfare?
- Day 19: A Deeper Look at Guardian Angels
- Day 20: True Stories of Guardian Angels
- Day 21: How to Have a Proper Devotion to Your Guardian Angel